Anonymous user data is collected by BIPP.
The BIPP takes the privacy and security of its' members data seriously. We have published this data protection guide to ensure that our members are fully informed on what data we hold and how it is used.
What information do we hold and how to we obtain it?
In general, we receive information directly from members. The amount of data held will vary according to professional status and employment situation.
For what purpose do we use your information?
Caring for your data
- To provide you with necessary communications
- To adminster your membership
- To provide you with membership benefits
- To provide you with details of relevant events
- To administer professional conduct issues
We undertake that we have in place a level of security appropriate to the nature of the data and the harm that might result from a breach of security. Data is held on our central membership database.
We further undertake that we will:
- Not hold information about you that is excessive in relation to the purpose(s) for which it is used.
- Use only the very latest data provided by you. To help us do this, please keep us informed if any of your details change (unqualified members). Qualified corporate members are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information on their own BIPP web pages.
- Not keep information for any purpose longer than is necessary. We may retain your records (for example upon cancellation of membership) to enable us to solve any subsequent queries and comply with legislative requirements.
Qualified members' contact information is held on the website for visitors to access via the 'Find a Photographer' search engine.
Loggin in is necessary to access the members' only area of the website. The login facility is only available to bona fide BIPP members who have been assigned a username and password.
Certain links on this site will lead to web sites not under the control of the BIPP. They are provided solely for your convenience and so not constitute any endorsement of any third party products or services. The BIPP accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage you sustain by visiting these web sites.
Accuracy of information
The BIPP do not represent or warrant that the material comprised on this Site is completely accurate or up to date and the BIPP have no liability in respect of such material or for any use of any such information by any person. Any information regarding availability of merchandise or books is subject to suppliers' stock levels.
Changes to Terms and Conditions
The BIPP reserve the right to change or update the Terms and Conditions relatiing to the use of the Site from time to time without prior notice to Users.