Welcome to BIPP Cotswolds
The Cotswold Region of the British Institute of Professional Photography is made up of members in Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Bristol and its surrounding unitary authorities.
Jonathan Fisher LBIPP - firstname.lastname@example.org
Members can join our Facebook group at - www.facebook.com/groups/BIPPCotswolds/
News & Events
Cotswold Regional Awards 2017
Call for Entries
Closing Date - Friday 31 March 2017
The Cotswold Regional Awards 2017 are now open for entries. They are open to all current BIPP members in the Cotswolds and it’s important for you, and the region as a whole, to showcase the quality of work being produced by today’s professional photographers. Make the most of this opportunity and the very positive publicity your achievements can produce.
How to Enter:
- Submit digital files on a CD or memory stick, or dropbox email@example.com
- Provisional, Student Members & Friends can only submit in their one relevant category.
- The file name for each image should be the image title plus your name and membership number.
- Digital images should be no larger than 5mb.
- An Entry Form is needed for each image (although payment details only need to go on one form). All forms must include the title of the image, the category and your name.
- Payment for all entries must be included - £6 per image (inc VAT). PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU INCLUDE YOUR PAYMENT DETAILS WITH YOUR DIGITAL FILES!
- If sending by post - send your entries to “BIPP COTSWOLDS AWARDS” at BIPP, The Coach House, The Firs, High Street, Whitchurch, Bucks, HP22 4SJ. Entries are to arrive no later than 5pm on Friday 31 March 2017.
- Please note – those who are shortlisted will be asked to provide a print at a later date.
- Advertising (including product & commercial)
- Fashion, Hair & Beauty
- Fine Art
- Science & Nature
- Open (for non BIPP members)
- People & Portraiture (including pets, babies, children, relevant events – e.g. corporate hospitality, balls etc)
- Photojournalism (including press & pr, editorial, sport, all other relevant events, HM Forces)
- It is the photographer’s responsibility to ensure all appropriate criteria are met.
- BIPP reserves the right to disqualify any image that fails to meet the criteria or, in its opinion, may breach or contravene legal guidelines on public decency or may otherwise bring the photographer or the BIPP into disrepute. Any costs incurred by the BIPP in such a situation will be reimbursed by the photographer.
- An image cannot be entered into more than one category. If you’re unsure about categories, contact BIPP Head Office for advice.
- All images must have been taken by the BIPP member named and they must be in current membership throughout the competition, judging and presentation.
- All entries must have been taken within the last two years and be commissioned work.
- Images that have already been entered into another BIPP competition cannot be submitted.
- Images submitted in any wedding categories must have been taken at an actual wedding and not staged or recreated after the event. The entrant must have been the official photographer or assistant at the wedding.
- Images produced on workshops/training courses (as a delegate) cannot be submitted.
- By entering the Awards, you acknowledge that permission has been obtained for that image to be published and exhibited by the BIPP and any necessary copyright or release has been obtained.
- BIPP reserves the right to use any image submitted for publicity or exhibition purposes.
- Information correct at time of publication – the BIPP reserves the right to change any of the above without prior notice.
- Your images will not be returned.
- BIPP will take all reasonable care in handling entries, but can accept no responsibility for loss or damage, however caused.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Judges are not allowed to enter the Awards.
- Check that you’ve completed an Entry Form for each image and that it includes the title of your image, your name and membership number.
- Check the image hasn’t already been entered into another competition.
- Check you have full permission to use the image and have obtained all necessary releases.
- Check that you have enclosed the correct fee - £6 (inc VAT) per image with your digital files.